Call for Applications into PhD And MSc Programs 2022/2023 Academic Year at Space Science and Geospatial Institute
Space Science and Geospatial Institute (SSGI) is seeking applications from national and international
applicants into PhD and MSc programs for the 2022/2023 academic year.
|Astronomy and Astrophysics||Astronomy and Astrophysics|
|Remote Sensing||Remote Sensing|
|Space Science||Space Science|
Table below shows educational background of MSc and PhD applicants.
- PhD applicants must have a Master’s Degree earned from a college or university of recognized standing with a grade point average greater than or equal to 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants to the PhD program should provide evidence of capacity for research. This includes a master’s thesis published paper in reputable journal or other appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research.
- Applicant to the PhD program MSc thesis result should be at least very good, or if it is a good result he/she should have an article published on reputable journals.
- All applicants’ undergraduate CGPA must not be less than 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants’ must have a sufficient knowledge of English language and basic computer knowledge, and/or at least one computer programming skill.
- Applicants for PhD programs should identify at least one PhD supervisor and include CV of her/his potential supervisor and consent to supervise the applicant’s research work during the study period.
- Applicants for PhD programs should be willing to undertake their full time research in Ethiopia.
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the Entoto Observatory and
- Research Center/Addis Ababa University.
Application supporting documents
- MSc and PhD applicants must submit detailed CV and two letters of reference/recommendations
- (one from your supervisor at the Masters), authenticated copies of official transcripts and two
- copies of degrees and transcript certificates for BSc and MSc degrees.
- MSc and PhD applicants sponsored by their institutions are required to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution/organization.
- MSc and PhD applicants must submit soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialization.
- PhD applicants are to submit both soft and hard copies of a short research proposal above (max. 6 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
- PhD applicants are expected to make oral presentation of the proposed research and their capacity to undertake the research at selection interview.
- MSc and PhD applicants must submit the application cover letter containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details (Residential and postal address, email and telephone number).
Duration of the Programs
The PhD program will have duration of 4 years and the MSc program 2 years.
Mode of application
- In-Person: At the new office of the institute, Registrar office on 6th floor of FIKIR PLAZA Building found near fifth gate of 6kilo (Afincho Ber).
- Online Application: An electronic copy of the application documents in a single PDF format shall be submitted to postgraduate office, SSGI, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application Date: From 03 August 2022 – 31 August 2022 (ሐምሌ 27, 2014 – ነሀሴ 25, 2014)
- Entrance Exam date: 19 September 2022 (መስከረም 6, 2015)
Note: For further information you can call +251-118-72-02-98/+251-118-3324-74
****** Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply ******