ESSTI/ EORC-Students' Research Work Progress Report Format
MSc in Astronomy and Astrophysics
Ph.D. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
MSc in Remote Sensing
Ph.D. in Remote Sensing
MSc in Space Science
Ph.D. in Space Science
Ph.D. in Geodesy & Geodynamics
About ESSTI Postgraduate School
About the Postgraduate Program Unit
For serving the nation in various researches, development, and application in space science and technology, the PGU at ESSTI concentrates on providing state of the art postgraduate education, training, and professional development of human capital in the area of Space Science and Technology. Our MSc and Ph.D. program committed to developing world-class basic and applied research expertise in all aspects of Remote Sensing, Geodesy and Geodynamics, Space Science, Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Satellite Technology. The ESSTI postgraduate program launched in 2015 and jointly commissioned between ESSTI and AAU. Besides, to promote and maintain high-quality graduate education, ESSTI established linkages with national, regional, and international organizations. After its formation, 79 postgraduate students enrolled, out of which 48 of them registered for Ph.D. and 31 registered for the MSc program. So far, 17 MSc and 12 Ph.D. students were graduated.
MSc and Ph.D. Programs
In this section, we enable a visitor to find out about particular research and training Departments and their respective MSc and Ph.D. programs, which link to departments. ESSTI offers more than 4major graduates programs listed below, but there are more programs under their respective academic units. For further information, please follow the links to the individual department’s website.
- Every year PGU office admits graduate students during fall and winter semester.
- The number of students that will be admitted depends on the enrollment capacity of respective departments and passing the entrance examination.
- Students who enrolled in the Postgraduate program at ESSTI should take a general entrance exam that measures student’s English Language, mathematics and computational skills.
- The tuition charges for the course will be x Birr/ per credit for local students. This fee subject to change depending on the ESSTI rules. The payments for international students will also be as per ESSTI rules.
- Those students who are sponsored by Ethiopian universities under the MoSHE or from other organizations will have to bring sponsorship letter.
Graduate Admission Guide for National and International Students
Find eligibility/qualifications for graduate admission guide for national and international students here
- Ethiopian Applicant
- Submit your application in person at ESSTI headquarter, 6kilo, Entoto Street.
- Contact PGU director or send your application via PGU email
2. International Applicant
Contact PGU director or send your application via PGU email
General Information for International Students
- Visa and other facilities for international students, exchange students and academic staff
- For international student who requests long term stay permit: please click here
- For short term academic exchange /government work request of visa: please click here
- For further information and assistance the international relation office will support; please click here
- General information about Addis Ababa and Ethiopia including, climate, Places to visit time zone, currency, and airport please: please click here
Accommodation(hotels/guesthouses) please click here
Health Insurance please click here
The ESSTI’s research-driven graduate programs will help guide you through a lifetime of intellectual study, opportunity, and challenge.
Stay in research and become a Ph.D. student, or become a postdoc in government and private universities in Ethiopia or/and abroad. This is the next key step towards a career in academia.
Take a role in government, consulting firms, industries and other organizations.
The best campus facilities
In addition to our online classroom, we also offer an option to take part in a live classroom. It takes place in our vast campus located in 6 kilo area, Ethiopia. Here you’ll be able to use the most up-to-date facilities and computer equipment.
Learn from the very best
The training and experience you will acquire at the MSc and Ph.D. level will give you a high level of employability across a wide spectrum of interesting and challenging jobs.